Today, I’m trying to recover from two physically exhausting days of medical appointments and two nights where the pain kept me awake. Life with chronic illness can be difficult, especially when new symptoms start popping up and we don’t know the cause of them. Doctor’s appointments, lab work, medical tests – they can all be challenging when you’re already feeling at the end of your strength.
But as I was taking some time in prayer this morning, God gently spoke to my mind in the midst of all the unknowns to turn my eyes on what I DO KNOW. I may not know why the Lord has allowed this interruption in my plans or what the future holds. But I do know I’m not alone. No matter what today or the future holds, I know I can continue moving forward because the Lord is at my side.
- I do know I can choose to draw close to God and find comfort in His presence and His Word.
- I do know He is my loving Father, who wants the very best for me.
- I do know He is my faithful God who always keeps His promises.
- I do know His grace is sufficient for me in every situation He asks me to walk through.
- I do know He invites me to cast all my cares on Him because He cares for me.
- I do know He proved without a doubt how much He loves me when He paid the ultimate price of giving His Son Jesus Christ to make a way for me to draw near to Him in both good times and in times of need.
- I do know He is God over all I don’t know, over every pain, fear, and unanswered question. Even when I don’t know all the answers I can rest in the assurance that my God does!
No matter what fears you’re battling today or what unanswered questions you have, you can know we serve a God who is God over ALL we don’t know.
I love this song that reminds us of this truth.